Monday, February 19, 2007

Shoddy Karma

Taking advantage of the sunny weather, I stripped off every extra piece of covering on my jeep. I looked pretty cool, yes, but finally my security carelessness caught up with me.

After rehearsal on Friday, Shanna and I returned to my car to find the stereo face, registration and insurance information stolen out of the glove compartment. The jeep I’m using is Carl’s, on loan to the theater. (Carl is a 30ish guy acting as General Counsel to Pistarckle and the Board, and he’s also in Threepenny.) So Shanna and I trudged back into the theater to tell him. Getting back int o the car with heavy hearts, Shanna noticed a piece of paper on the ground. Turning it over, I saw that it was the registration! Further down the parking lot embankment I was the stereo face and the insurance booklet! Struggling back up the hill, through brambles and thorns, but with everything in hand, I hopped into the jeep to take Shanna home, boasting loudly about what great Karma I must have….

Well that night I went out with Ellie, Jordan and Dylan, and what do I discover upon returning to the car? Yeah, it’s all been stolen AGAIN, and this time search, the loot was not stashed right next to the car.

So what about that karma?

No comments: