Friday, January 5, 2007

It's Electric

I woke up with the sunrise and its accompanying rain squall this morning, and probably will for the duration, seeing as the east wall of my bedroom is glass. The sun rises down here at 6:30. Given the island’s latitude at 18º N and the sun’s location at around 19º S and rising, it’ll only get hotter earlier.

I followed Nikki down to Megan’s Bay, a beautiful beach and nature park at the north end of the island. Alex had soccer camp there, and I stayed to walk along the beach. After a lovely stroll beside swimmers and picnickers, I drove back to the house, then to the theater.

I had spoken to Nikki about doing some work in the theater during the day, so I started my new career as an amateur electrician. The lights in her theater work with the regular 3-prong plugs as opposed to every other plug I’ve seen, the flat square plug thing. So after taking everything apart and rewiring 100s of watts of lamp power, I reluctantly plugged it in, muttering "Don't die, don't shock me."

I really sound like I know what I’m doing…

So add “Electrician” to the list of things that I do.

Someone asked me what I was going to with my life, I said, “I don’t know, but whatever I do, I’ll do well.” Eloquently vague. That’s what I was going for.

So Denny, Steve, and I meet at 1pm to discuss design elements and songs.

No comments: